The new insurance policy combines four insurance plans with similar features into one single policy. The four insurance plans that have been combined are Actual Production History (APH), Crop Revenue Coverage (CRC), Revenue Assurance (RA) and Income Protection (IP) that had similar features into a single policy. RMA kept the most important features of each insurance plan while simplifying the insurance options a producer faces when buying coverage. Wheat, barley, malting barley, corn and canola/rapeseed are the crops most affected by this change in the Spokane region.
Upcoming Sales Closing Dates:
• Canola/Rapeseed – August 31, 2010 (for Fall Planted types)
• Onions – August 31, 2010 (Fall Planted types - Umatilla/Walla Walla counties only)
• Mint with Winter Coverage – September 30, 2010
• Forage Production - September 30, 2010 (Klamath and Malheur counties, Oregon)
• Forage (Alfalfa) Seed Pilot – September 30, 2010 (in selected counties)
• Fall Planted Barley with Winter Coverage – September 30, 2010 (in selected counties)
• Wheat – September 30, 2010
• Apiculture (Honey) - September 30, 2010
• Pasture Rangeland Forage - September 30, 2010
Informational meetings are being presented by Northwest Agricultural Services Co. here in Umatilla County.
The first meeting will be held at 8:00 am Friday, August 20 at the Hale Companies office, 73120 Hwy 207, Echo, Oregon. The second meeting is scheduled for 8:00 am Tuesday, August 24 at the Adams Community Center, 160 Main Street, Adams, Oregon. Coffee and doughnuts will be provided.
For additional information call or email Amos or Lori at 541-966-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org